Name:
Location: East Warburton, Victoria, Australia

Nefarious Wheel is Kelley Johnston, a retired systems and network engineer now doing what I really wanted to do all along. I love our house in the woods. Walking the gardens, basic domesticity is my daily wonder. Loving my wife, daughters, and cats. Oh, and motorcycles. And woodworking. Guitar. Stuff. Used to write software for spacecraft, but I'm over that now. Etsy shop is live. Not a lot posted yet, but that will come.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

What is a workflow system, really?

  • A set of status attributes on data entities;
  • A set of rules upon which those attributes may be changed
  • A set of user-oriented filters and alarms used to display relevant data to end users, via their visibility in various forms and reports.

Honestly, it isn't rocket surgery. People pay vast amounts of money for workflow systems and underlying each of them, there are these three principles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home